School Field Trips
FYCCN is a youth-oriented program of the Florida Fish & Wildlife Conservation Commission (FWC) and is now partnered with Sensing Nature to give students an educational and fun field trip experience. Curriculum activities correlate with "Next Generation Sunshine State Standards".
Field trips are offered for other youth-oriented groups like scout groups and environmental clubs.
Educational Activities Include:
- Boardwalk Hike
- Coastal Seining Activity
- Coastal Ecology and Wildlife Activity
- Interactive Scavenger Hunt Activity
- Coastal Fishing Activity (from estuary pier)
- Weedon Island Cultural Center Museum Tour
- Movie – Ecology and History of Tampa Bay
- Canoeing the Estuary Habitats of Weedon Island
- Social Responsibility and Coastal Conservation (litter cleanup or invasive plant removal)
- Fees are $5 to $20 per participant depending upon activity, group size & visit length.
- Teachers / Chaperones meeting the 1 Adult = 10 youth requirement are free.
- By request, other natural resource topics may be provided when possible. Ask us!
- Professional biologists and naturalists guided field trips
- 2 1/2 to 6 hour hands-on nature experiences!
For more information, contact Sensing Nature at (727) 397-2306 or email.
Return to top